This notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which YUHUA FAMILY (referred in this Notice as “YUHUA FAMILY”, “we, “us” or “our”) may collect, use, disclose, store or otherwise process the personal data of:
(each of the above shall be referred to in this Notice as “you” or “your”) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). References to YUHUA FAMILY shall include employees, consultants and volunteers. YUHUA FAMILY will comply with all requirements under the PDPA with respect to personal data collected, used, disclosed, processed or stored by its employees, consultants and volunteers. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context requires).
This Notice applies to your personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of third-parties engaged by us to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
In certain situations, collection, use, disclosure or other forms of processing your personal data on behalf of government ministries or statutory boards will be required and shall be carried out in accordance with guidelines set out in the government’s data management policy. YUHUA FAMILY will comply with the relevant requirements under the government’s data management policy.
1.“Personal data” is data that can be used to uniquely identify an individual. It may be data that is true or untrue, and it also includes data that, when used with other data, can identify an individual. Some examples of personal data which we may collect from you are:
The above categories are not exhaustive.
2. We generally do not collect your personal data unless it is provided to us voluntarily by you or via an authorised representative who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us after:
3. We may collect and use personal data without consent where it is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you.
4. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all the following purposes:
5. We may disclose your personal data:
6. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
7. In compliance with the PDPA, we may collect, use, or disclose your personal data without your consent for the legitimate interests of YUHUA FAMILY or another person. In relying on the legitimate interests exception of the PDPA, YUHUA FAMILY will assess the likely adverse effects on the individual and determine that the legitimate interests outweigh any adverse effect.
8. In line with the legitimate interests’ exception, we will collect, use or disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
The purposes listed in the above clause may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter.
9. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you or your authorised representative in writing. You or your authorised representative may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email or otherwise in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided at the end of this Notice. If you are unable to submit your request in writing or if you require any assistance with the submission of your request, you can ask to speak to or meet with our Data Protection Officer.
10. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to reply to your request within three (03) business days and process it within fourteen (14) business days of receiving it, up to a maximum of thirty (30) business days in the presence of extenuating circumstances.
11. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be able to continue our relationship with you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in the manner described in clause 9 above.
12. Please note that withdrawing your consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
13. If you wish to make
14. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request. In most straightforward cases, the fees are generally as follows (pages are in A4-size):
15. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, we will reply to your request within three (03) business days and, if your request is acceded to, our processing will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
16. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as minimised collection of personal data, authentication and access controls (such as good password practices, need-to-basis for data disclosure, etc.), encryption of data, data anonymisation, up-to-date antivirus protection, regular patching of operating system and other software, securely erase storage media in devices before disposal, and web security measures against risks.
17. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While absolute security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
18. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete, and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
19. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
20. We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected and is no longer necessary for legal or our purposes.
21. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
22. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
23. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.